Saturday, November 24, 2012

Cranberry Bourbon Sauce


I really wanted to get this made before Thanksgiving, but recovery from sinus surgery was not as expedient as I had hoped. So, I didn't get to play with this recipe until today....but I promise you, it was worth it!  

And it made me question...... WHY do people only eat cranberry sauce with turkey at Thanksgiving?  These were so fast & easy...and are full of health benefits!  Tonight we had them with grilled steak, and I think they would be equally awesome with chicken, roast beef, and pork, in addition to the traditional turkey.  

We will certainly be eating this year round!

2 - 12 oz bags of cranberries, washed well & drained
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup Kentucky bourbon
1 tsp almond extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup sugar (may add additional 1/4 cup or more to taste)


I think next time I may try using Stevia or honey in place of sugar, or a mixture of both.  


No comments:

Post a Comment